|Can I Help?|
|Special thanks to our hosts, |
God Bless You.
Feel free to e-mail the
Please add volunteering opportunities, fundraising events, collection points, etc. on this page.
For information on where to make monetary donations, see Donating.
- See Resources for a list of Free Resources, Planning guides and other useful information.
By Type of VolunteeringEdit
Shelter (Tents, etc.) and Gear (Winter Clothes, etc.)Edit
- Relief Shelter Drive http://tentdrive.blogspot.com/
- North Face Gear Drop
- Thanksgiving Gear Drop
- Hidaya Foundation has projects
- See main article at Earthquake 10-05 Global Vigils on 11-08
- Nurses at PIMS:
- PIMS night shift from 12-4 am. There is a scarcity of nurses in the hospitals and any volunteers should be prepared to assist nursing staff and manage their own stay and costs. Please contact Ms Shazreh Hussain at 0300 8563954
- Rapid Assessments: The Rural support network requires volunteers for undertaking rapid assessments of earthquake affected areas to determine key priorities. Please contact Ms Shandana Khan at 0300 5009506.
- Tel: 00-92-51-2821736/2822476
- Fax: 00-92-51-2829115
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salman N. Qureshi Working activley for relief goods from Beijing. Call: 0300 421 9890
- Muhammad Shahid Khan Working activley for relief goods from Beijing. Call: 0345 417 3639
- See Lahore Metblog for updates on relief efforts
- Pakistan Australian Friendship Association: http://www.pafa.org.au/
- Red Cross Australia:
- Call 1800 811 700 toll free to donate to the Asia Earthquake
- To make a secure online donation, visit
- By mail, send a cheque to GPO Box 9949 marked 'Asia quake Appeal' in your capital city
October 16, 2005, Fundraiser Edit
There is a fundraising dinner planned this Sunday October 16th for the victims of Earth Quake in Pakistan. The ticket price is $ 100 and is being held at Woodbine Banquet Hall in Etobicoke. The proceeds are being channeled through IDRF and a tax creditable receipt will be issued.
Please advise how many tickets you would like or help sell to others. This is the time to help rebuild the lives of the unfortunate that have been devastated.
Our intention is to raise a substantial amount of money so that we can make s difference in the lives of the Victims.
Khalid Usman, C.A.
905-470-8111 ask for Rehan
- Volunteers here are mostly working in buying and sending tents from Bejing to Pakistan. A C130 is expected to fly from Beijing in next 3 or 4 days i.e. around 20th Oct. Please contact Imran Aslam or Adeeb Ashraf for more details.
- See Resources
- There is a community effort developing on this wiki at: Grassroots relief fund raising in North America
- See Online Communities for other groups coordinating their efforts via e-mail, etc.
- See APPNA's entry under Donating#Diaspora Organizations (US) for a call for volunteers.
- Ongoing, SF Bay Area: You can drop off donations at Hidaya Foundation's location in Milpitas: http://www.hidaya.org/containershipment.htm
- November 12, 2005: TCF USA SF Bay Area Fund Raiser 2005, Saturday November 12, 2005 6:30 pm, Chandni Restaurant, Newark CA. Theme is "Rebuilding Schools in Earthquake Affected Regions" with Zia Chishti speaking:
- October 30, 2005, Berkeley: http://www.pakistanlink.com/Community/2005/Nov05/11/06.HTM
- October 17, 2005, SF Bay Area: There's a fundraiser planned at 5:45 pm (to coincide with iftar, the Muslim opening of the fast at sunset). (See page or click on graphic at right.)
Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America, APPNA
Dr. Nadeem Zafar
6414 S. Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
Phone: 630-968-8585, 630-968-8606
331 Third Street East
call: (507) 629-9020
New York/New JerseyEdit
- Drop off locations (and shipping documents, etc.): ReliefEfforts
Cultural Association of Pakistani Americans (CAPA-OHIO) and Association of Physicians of Pakistani descent of North America, APPNA-Ohio Chapter
Please send donations to
Dr. Shahid I. Sheikh
4955 Cadogan Place
New Albany, OH 43054
Westmont, IL 60559
- Pittsburgh, PA: Quake fund raising in Pittsburgh
President's Relief FundEdit
- Embassy of Pakistan
- 3517 International Court,
- NW, Washington DC 20008
- Phone: 202-243-6500
- 3315 Wisconsin Ave NW #201
- Washington DC 20016
- phone: 330-338-4960
- 21029 Roaming Shores Ter.,
- Ashburn, VA 20147
- Phone: 703-858-9983
Operation Heart BeatEdit
Tax ID: 541721435
Account #: 2000021548976
Bank: Wachovia Dr. Atif Malik Dr. Farzad Najam
Earthquake Fundraiser for Victims in Indian administered KashmirEdit
October 30, 2005: The fundraiser will be held in Ashburn, VA on Sunday October 30 at 5 p.m. in Mills Recreational Center. The proceeds will go to CHINAR's earthquake relief and rehabilitation effort in the Indian administered Kashmir. Please RSVP at email@example.com. CHINAR (Child Nurture and Relief) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and has been running a program in Srinagar for about 2 years.
Washington State (Seattle Area)Edit
Plan and Act CommitteeEdit
Earthquake Relief CommitteeEdit
Item Donation Coordinator:
Pakistan Students Association, University of Washington, WAEdit
Sheikh Idris MosqueEdit
1420 N.E. Northgate Way
Seattle, WA 98125
Contact: Iqbal Abbas
- call: 206-354-0699
- Qatar Red Crescent Society is collecting fund for earthquake victims
- Pakistani Engineering Students Association (PESA) at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is collecting funds for earthquake victims. For more information, and contact:
- Pakistani community at Tampere is collecting funds for earthquake victims, contact
- 17, Wyndham Road,
- East Ham
- London, E6 1AU
- Holborn College,
- Student Services Office,
- Woolwich Road,
- London, SE7 8LN
Islamic Centre of Edinburgh Trust
50 Potterow, Edinburgh, EH8 9BT
Tel: 0131 667 1777, 0131 667 0140
Fax: 0131 668 4245
General enquiries: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org