Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This page is devoted to the issue of Pakistan's image abroad; though it is also a good place to start looking for material that can be used for presentations, pictures, etc. about Pakistan. (The latter being useful, for example, when putting together the case for visiting, travelling, doing buiness, etc. in Pakistan.)
Government of Pakistan EffortsEdit
- The Ministry of Information (I think) has floated a tender for a PR contract to promote Pakistan abroad. (need more info)
- Oddly enough, the travel restrictions on Mukhtaran Mai were ostensibly imposed so as not "to project a bad image of Pakistan."
Diaspora Efforts in the USEdit
- HDF,Human Development Foundation - http://www.yespakistan.com
- PakPAC - http://www.PakPAC.net
- AOPP, Association of Pakistani Professionals - http://www.aopp.org (have an interesting DVD/online movie available)
- APPNA, the Association of Pakistani Physicians of North America - http://www.appna.org - is also active on this issue
- PakPRA, http://web.archive.org/20021015035232/www.geocities.com/pakpra/ (currently in suspended animation? they have some good stuff on their website.)
- Chowrangi magazine http://www.chowrangi.org
- Pakistaniat.com, the All Things Pakistan blog
- National Commission for Human Dvelopment