Part of the
Pakistan Crisis Wiki
- This page aims to list the organizations—local, national, international, foreign, religious, political, and so on—actively engaged in the crisis around the floods to hit Pakistan in the summer of 2010. For now, most of the information is in the material under Floods 2010 Donating, and other headings. Please help separate and move it here, if you can.
- Flood Relief Registry at Pakistani.org: http://www.pakistani.org/floodrelief/orgs.php
Medicins San Frontier
Save the Children
- A lot of the organizations active around the Earthquake in 2005 will be the same. There's a list that developed on the Pakistan Crisis Wiki/Wiki Pakistan back then:
Social Welfare OrganizationsEdit
HOPE DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION (Faisalabad)
Islamabad Jeep Club (IJC):
- Info at: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/donations-appeals/144243-islamabad-jeep-club-s-ijc-flood-relief-initiative-7
- One update (via Samad Khurram) at:
Motorsports Club of Pakistan (MCP):
- Worked with SARelief: http://SARelief.com
"The Software Industry of Pakistan"Edit
Interesting resource is the following article:
- Pakistan Floods: Secular, Liberal & Progressive Organizations doing Flood Relief need Your support, Nikhil Aziz on the Grass International website: http://grassrootsonline.org/news/blog/pakistan-floods-secular-liberal-progressive-organizations-doing-flood-relief-need-your-sup
Pacifist/National Unity OrganizationsEdit
- Note: Some of these organizations are considered fundamentalist, fanatic, or even terrorist by various governments, groups and individuals. Please keep all such judgements, labels, tags, etc.--positive OR negative--off this page. The following is intended to be for information reasons and to help document and enhance the relief effort and the facilitators of this database are making a conscious effort to only collect and document, whatever even our own opinions might be. Thank you.
- al Khidmat Foundation (affiliated with the Jamat-e-Islami)
- al Qasim Foundation (Lal Masjid charity arm)
- Falah-e-Insaniat (public welfare wing of Jamaatud Dawa)
- Minhajul Quran
- Minhaj Welfare Foundation (headed by Allama Tahirul Qadri)
- Maymar Trust
Muslim Aid, etc. Until we move more info here, please see Floods 2010 Donating.
Online Campaigns for Awareness and LobbyingEdit
Council on Pakistan RelationsEdit
[based in Washington DC: http://pakistanrelations.org]
CPR: URGE PRESIDENT OBAMA TO INCREASE HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO PAKISTAN!